clare's bag

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A Travel In ShanXi


I love traveling, and recently I went Dang village.
Dang village is located in northeast Shannxi, China. Famous for it's old houses that built in Ming and Qing period.
I loved the village as I first saw it.
Ancient houses with wooden door with carves on it. Each house has it's own name and meaning like '耕读','登科', which means ' working and studying ' and ' get qualifications ' (I don't know the translation is correct or not)
These are some pictures about these.

Ancient Chinese door with copper lock on it.
It make me feel that I could touch the history of China.


















Another door that has beautiful carves on it .
These carves in china means '琴棋书画' which in English means 'Music Chess literature & art '(right picture)










There is a special heater on the main road of the village. The villagers told me that, the only thing that the burnt in the heater is useless paper that was written by people after studying.
Two big Chinese characters on it '惜字'(left pic)















And the most interesting thing that I found in the village is a well. It is still been used.(right pic)











There is also a tower in the village primary school called '文曲星' means the god of literature.(left picture)



















The only thing that I do not like in the village is a building that I do not know how to express in English. In Chinese it called'贞洁牌坊'. If a widow do not marry again, single all her life. She has the eligible to build a building in her village.
And it is the greatest honor for a women.
I don't like it at all.
I think if her husband loved her deeply, he would not want her to be lonely all though her life. (right picture)











Some other pictures about the village.


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home