clare's bag

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Today is my birthday

Today is my 22 birthday,22 December.

About December 22

In China , December 22 called ‘冬至’,which means winter time.day is the shortest in a year, and night is the longest.

In Chinese culture, in December 22, we should eat porridge,which has all kinds of beans in it. It means each member in our family could live a happy life.

And we also eat dumplings in this day, elder people always tell me that if I do not eat dumplings in December 22, I will have my ears frost bate.I was really afraid of this when I was a little girl, so I always ate a lot .

The only thing I do not like about my birthday is , my birthday is too close to exam.we always have our final term exam in late December of early January .So I could not have party with my friends for my birthday because we are all busy in preparing our exams.

Today is my 22 birthday. And I do not feel very excited about it. These days the only thing keeping in my mind is about my career, finding my job .I found myself is more and more sensitive, and easy to become upside or angry. My boyfriend tried everything to cheer me up , but it doesnt work .Last night we standing outside of my dorm .I cried ,I said I found it was too hard for me to find a job in Beijing . He could say nothing ,but just a hug .There are many jobs I think I could do very well ,but every time I send Emails to HR . Most of the HR did not answer my Email , And in the mail I received ,they always told me that they wanted a student who is graduated from a university located in Beijing , cause I am not ,so he could not offer me the job although I have the ability to do the work well . That is funny .

Just keep trying.

Each time I wanna give up , I would think about my boyfriend , and then I know ,I will keep trying.

2 Comments:

  • happy birthday! Many happy returns -- may the beginning of your life's enjoyments unfold with this day.
    I believe you can play the piano very well -- perhaps you will end up recording on Utube!
    dave@davesmock.com
    is my e-mail address. Keep up the good work -- we hope you are enjoying this very special day.

    By Blogger david, at 10:42 AM  

  • Yes,my birthday is really very happy.And I feel just suddenly that I am 22 years old now,and I am going to graduate from university.
    My boyfriend and his friends held a party for me. We went out have a big dinner called'火锅', which has all kind of delicious food boiled. We ate lots of dumplings too.
    How delicious the lemoned birthday cake is!!!!

    By Blogger clare's bag, at 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home