clare's bag

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Camper


Recently we had a picnic in Taiping valley. To our surprise, the weather here is much colder that we could imagine. Boys carried the tents, and girls carried lighter things like food and cloth. We find a proper place by the river, and encamped there. Boys did almost all the encamping work. They made tent one by one, they even made a little foci for us.

this is our camp place, and our tents.





And they also found lots of fuels We girls began to make barbecue for them, before we come to camp, we girls bought chicken wings, sausages, green peppers, mutton, pork, potatoes, pies and other delicious food. It is my first time cooking in an open fire, and I am really not good at it at all. But all the boys said, the food we made for them is delicious.
It is really too cold to sleep outside the house.








Night in mountain, camper, really very cold. It was the coldest day that I ever had. I cannot sleep at all. Boys gave me their cotton sleeping bags, and they went to sit by the fire, and play chess all night. But still, fro zing.








The next day morning ,we have to cross the river to find we back., but something unexpected happened. The water of the river has raised during the night. It is a really bad news to us. Some of the boys jumped into the river carried all the carriage to the other side of the river. Others tried to find some rocks to put into the river so our girls could come across the river by stepping on the rocks. The other girls was afraid, so I said I’d like to be the first girl to go across the river. The rocks was all covered with thick ice. and suddenly I slid into the river, and I could not stand up. It was really very dangerous. The boy nearest me, jumped into the water at once, ran to me, and held my hand, but it is too slippery and I still could not stand stalely. And I just could hear he order me ’hold my hand and step on my lumber. At last I step on, and the other boys pulled me to the safety place. We both sat on the ground, wet, and laughing. Well also I have bad cold after the camp, but I think it is worth.. I had a wonderful camp that I will always remember as my college years crazy things.


It is the river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home